Why should I become a KLCOA member?
The Kennisis Lakes community has approximately 950 properties. Membership is strictly voluntary, but the continued annual support of members allows the association to expand its involvements, activities, and endeavours in the interest of all property owners and for the preservation of our lakes.
Members receive a KLCOA sign for their property as well as annual date stickers upon renewal.
KLCOA currently sponsors and supports:
- three newsletters per year and regularly updated website (www.klcoa.org) plus regular e-blast updates
- two general meetings per year (May & September long weekends)
- Marker buoy program for safer boating
- Canada Day fireworks
- Rock Bass Derby
- Ladies of the Lake Luncheon
- Art on the Dock
- Annual Regatta (August long weekend)
- Red Cross & Life Saving endorsed swimming lessons
- tree and shrub planting program
- Snowmobile Club
- BOOM Sailing program
- membership in FOCA (Federation of Ontario Cottagers’ Association)
- lobbying at the provincial and municipal levels for better roads, fire and police protection, 911 service, lower taxes and controlled waterfront development
- Lake Plan management
- monitoring of lake trout spawning beds
- management of the KLCOA Community Lands issues (Norah’s Island, Island C)
- monitoring and lobbying for Trent-Severn water issues affecting our lake levels
- annual/ongoing testing of our lake’s water through Ministry programs
- partnerships/communication with organizations pertinent to our lake’s future (municipal, provincial and federal) e.g. WRAFT, CEWF
- an active executive and committees working on your behalf
Frequently Asked Questions
I have renewed my membership. How do I get my annual sticker?
Thank you for renewing your membership. Annual stickers will be available starting at the Spring Meeting in May. After that they will be available for pickup at the marina store on weekends only until July 1 and then full time at the marina store from July 1 until Sept 1. After Sept 1, stickers will no longer be available for pickup but they will be kept on file and will again be available with your new sticker the following year.
How many KLCOA members are there currently?
There are approximately 950 properties on big and little Kennisis Lakes. The KLCOA has approx. 600 members.
My KLCOA sign is damaged. How do I get a new one?
If your sign is damaged or missing, please email the Membership Director to request a new one.
How do I sign up for E-blast updates?
When you sign up as a new member or renew your membership, your name is automatically entered into our email database. If you need to change your email address or add an additional email, please click here to update your membership profile.
How do I request a letter for my insurance company?
Some insurance companies give discounts on insurance if you are a member of a cottage association. If you need a letter, please email the Membership Director.