Healthy natural shorelines are vital to maintaining the overall health of the Kennisis Lakes. Natural shorelines help filter pollutants, protect against erosion, and provide habitat for fish and wildlife.
The KLCOA is continuing to focus on Healthy Shorelines in 2019 with two Shoreline Restoration Workshops.
The workshops will be conducted by Julia Sutton of Sweet Fern Consulting who supported the 2018 restorations. The workshops will provide participants with an opportunity to:
• Learn about Natural Shorelines and their importance to the health of our lakes
• Understand shoreline property owner’s restoration objectives
• Walk a restored property and see restoration details like plant species, locations, etc.
• View a native planting demonstration and ask questions
• Receive a take home surprise!
SAVE THE DATES
KLCOA Shoreline restoration workshops are scheduled for Sunday July 7 & Sunday July 28th from 10 a.m. until 12 noon
WHERE: 5663 Kennisis Lake Rd. (Dean & Barb’s Property)
Participation is limited to 25 people so please sign up early!
Additional information: Contact Jim Prince – firstname.lastname@example.org